PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST
I love making roasts and when I came across this cut on special at the grocery store, I couldn't resist. Not wanting to shy away from a challenge, I began researching how to this beast. The internet seemed to be unified in this method, so I thought I'd give it a shot. You start with a screaming hot oven and then you turn it off! Sounds crazy? Well, it works, so don't be afraid!
Here's what you'll need
- 2 pound eye of round roast
- 2 tbsp whole coriander
- 2 tbsp whole cumin
- 2 tbsp whole mustard seed
- 2 tbsp whole fennel
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- preheat a 500° oven
- in a pan, toast your whole spices and crush in a pestle and mortar, then toss in the sugar
- season the roast and rub well with spices and set on the counter for an hour
- put the roast in an oven dish and toss into the oven for 20 minutes
- then turn the oven off and leave it alone for 2 hours
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN AT ALL!
- pull the roast out of the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes or so
- slice it up and serve
- this beef is perfect with some horseradish and mayo on a sandwich the next day!