I have no idea why these are called stovetop. I used to work in this place, eons ago and this was a staff favourite, a secret that wasn't on the menu and that's what we all called them. These wings are spicy, sweet, sticky and addictive. You cannot eat a couple, you have to have too many. They're great with beer, sports, and a good starter for a long night of...celebrating? You can precook them and just heat them on the grill, or you can grill them the whole way.
- season the wings well with salt and pepper
- bake them in a 350° oven for 45 minutes
- toss in BBQ sauce and toss onto a hot grill for the last 10 minutes until they're cooked
- if you cook them completely on the grill, just remember not to put them over direct heat and sauce them at the end of cooking...otherwise the fat and sauce drips down and causes flare-ups and will burn the wings to a crisp...you want a bit of char, but not blackened
- if you don't have a grill, you can always use the oven broiler
- serve them with loads of napkins and cold beer!