SUMAC CRUSTED CHICKEN WINGS
Sumac is something I discovered in my local middle eastern shop and have been experimenting with. It has a lovely citrus-y flavour that lends itself really well with not only chicken, but with chicken fat as with chicken wings. Give this recipe a try and trust me when I say you will love it!
Here's what you'll need
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- mix all the ingredients (not the chicken yet)
- season the chicken well with salt and pepper and toss in the sauce bowl making sure to coat every piece really well
- toss onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 40 minutes or until cooked all the way through and the juices run clear...be sure to baste two or three times during the cooking time
- garnish with chopped cilantro if you like and serve them up hot!