These are a classic dish. For my version, I use canned potatoes. you could go through all the trouble of peeling tiny baby potatoes and boiling or steaming them...or you could just use canned. No one can tell the difference! Really! I recommend letting them dry completely and lowering them in the oil really slowly as they will pop from the water inside them.
Here's what you'll need
- 1 can whole potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 deep fryer full of oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dry the potatoes really well
- lower them in the preheated deep fryer slowly
- in a bowl, mix the butter, garlic and parlsey until smooth
- once the potatoes are crisp and golden (about 3 or 4 minutes, drop them into the butter mixture and toss around to fully coat them
- that's it!
- serve them anywhere you would serve potatoes