I must say that I have been curious about this for years and was never able to find back at home in Canada and especially here, my new home in Scotland. I decided that I would just have to make my own! It's really easy and amazingly tasty, especially on a burger. I'm looking forward to making different variations with different cheeses, herbs and pickled vegetables. Stay tuned for more!
Here's what you'll need
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup chopped pimiento peppers
- 1 pinch of cayenne (or as much as you like)
- 2 tsp lemon juice and zest
- 3 or 4 shakes of Worcestershire
- salt & pepper to taste
- toss half the grated cheese into a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and give a good blitz until smooth
- stir in the rest of the cheese and peppers and give it a taste...season if needed
- wrap it up well and toss into the fridge for a few hours as this will thicken it up
- that's it, you're ready to go!!