SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY
Unlike other red pepper jelly recipes doesn't use pectin or gelatin, making it simple and easy to prepare. It goes really well with cheese and crackers, and I once used it to glaze some chicken wings which worked really great (recipe to come). Sweet, spicy and sticky...perfect combination. Make a batch and it'll keep a month or so in the fridge...but it won't last that long!
Here's what you'll need
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, seeded (if you don't want to make it quite so hot, you can use a milder pepper or not use any at all)
- 1¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- seed and chop the peppers, and pop into a food processor until finely minced
- toss into a small pot and add all the other ingredients
- bring to a boil on high heat, then lower heat and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes
- carefully pour into jars, let cool completely and pop into the fridge for a few hours to set up and "jellify" and that's it!