HONEY GLAZED ROASTED CARROTS
Carrots are naturally sweet, so glazing them with a dash of honey and some zingy lemon juice is the perfect way to accentuate them. Add a sprinkle of earthy cumin and you've got an excellent side dish that will threaten to outshine the main!
Here's what you'll need
- 1 pound carrots (scrubbed clean or peeled if you like)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- boil the carrots in plenty of salted water until just fork tender (about 10 minutes depending how big they are)
- drain them and rinse well under the cold water tap to cool them completely and stop them cooking
- pat them dry with paper towel
- in a bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, cumin and lemon juice
- toss in the carrots to coat them completely, season and lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet
- toss into a preheated 375° oven, bake for 15 minutes or until caramelized
- they're done, now serve 'em up on the side of...well, anything!