THE PERFECT BACON LARDONS
Have you ever tried to make bacon bits or lardons and they don't cook evenly, some bits get too brown and crisp and some other bits are practically raw? There is a simple trick that will guarantee you get perfectly uniformly cooked and crispy and you'll never cook them any other way! The water renders all the fat at the same time making the lardons cook evenly.
Here's what you'll need
- 1 pound bacon strips
- ½ cup water (or more as needed)
- fresh cracked pepper
- cut the bacon into lardons
- toss into a cold frying pan
- top up with water, enough to cover
- simmer gently over medium low heat until water is mostly gone and the fat from the bacon has rendered off (about 10 minutes), stirring all the while, adding more water if you need
- once all the water has evaporated, the bacon will start to fry
- cook another 5 minutes or until the bacon is as crispy as you like
- ta da!